Saturday 18 January 2014

Style of Magazine

I did much research into the different styles of magazines; some of this research can be seen in my Magazine analysis. I want the style I have to be very graphical and use a lot of typography techniques in order to make the Magazine as a whole stand out amongst the rest. Some of the research I made came up with results of articles that were made to look like Newspaper Articles; this is not something I would like to carry forward, I would much more prefer to create something that is very similar to that of  Kerrang. While looking at most of Kerrang's covers, you can see that they have a very compressed and well filled layout; this is by far what I see as the most productive and experimental method of a Magazine cover because it will allow me to try out many different thing in terms of positioning and font style.

For a contents, my style would revolve around something similar to that of Mojo. Mojo focuses it's contents on a single image with a small box containing
the Contents; this format is very stylish and fits in very well. Simplistic styles are very interesting to me because they are able to create something very detailed with little to no detail.

1 comment: