Friday 17 January 2014

Examples of Other Text

By researching into my favourite Magazines, I have been able to pull a few that I feel I could benefit from taking inspiration. The Magazines listed are from the past 12 months.

Kerrang mainly features very cluttered and compact cover pages, which I love. There is no space wasted on these pages, and for that reason I think I could take that inspiration away; I should try not to waste space on my final design and produce a well positioned and well filled final magazine.

This one in particular is a favourite of mine because of the text positioning; the sell at the bottom of the page is rotated slightly to the left giving an uneven and clean look that fits in well with the large 'Issue 1500' in the centre cover line. The images on the page of the three artists blends perfectly with the background, with little to no noise around the rendered images and a slight lighting glow around the edges allowing them to become contrasted with the background image.


Although this is not of the same Genre I am going to be doing, it has some nice techniques that i would like to take apart. The logo for this magazine has the 'The' rotated onto it's side, allowing for a clean implementation of the name of the magazine; a downside of this is that if you look closely you will notice that the Magazine name is not centred.

The colour scheme for this cover is very simple, with Red's and Whites, Red being background colour, since there are people dressed in white in the foreground contrasting. The sell at the bottom left follows the White and Red theme with Red separating the two white sells preventing a list of white text that would not look physically pleasing.


This is an extremely simple cover in comparison to the previous two, with a while and pink colour scheme. White acts as the base colour, with the background being entirely white, only contrasted with the shadows of the two models photographed. There is a sickly looking gradient fading from transparancy to white at the top of the page linking the Magazine name into the background; this might seem like a good idea, but all in all I would say it looks unprofessional.

The fonts used are all of the same Height and no Ascending or Descending letters; this allows a very clean and smooth looking block of text, which would suit my magazine perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment