Sunday 23 March 2014

Evaluation Question 3 (Draft) - What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

The Media Instition to produce Mojo and Kerrang is 'Bauer' so straight away I am drawn towards this company because of the relationship they have with my inspirations. Looking deeper into the question, more so into Bauer, I see that the institution has a very tight link with social networking such as Youtube, Twitter and Facebook. Companies keeping links with social networking is a very important thing in modern society, because of how communication has evolved; many magazines include such accounts in order to keep in contact with fans of their magazine and get a look at the reception of each issue.

I exampled the link with social networking on my contents page; at the base of the page I made sure to give reference to different websites. I included Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr, three very popular websites amongst teenagers, and especially popular for Magazine creators as they give a very simple method of distributing information. There are many references within my contents that link to the community and twitter; an entire section of the contents revolves around talking to the community.

Bauer allow for subscriptions to be made online to each of the magazines that they produce, which would be a very useful feature to have, along with the ability to subscribe through a phone number. The price of magazines within this institution basically remain the same, which is why I would want to follow through with them, in order to create a magazine that fans of other magazine styles would not think feels out of place.

1 comment: